Thursday, November 29, 2007

How is Hip Hop Dead if Wu-Tang is Forever? (c) RZA

I know its early but ive been listening to nothing but 8 Diagrams for couple of days now, and I gotta admit its a solid release.

After my first listen, I thought to myself
"what the hell is this?"
I found myself agreeing with Raekwon's Youtube Interview and thinking why RZA took this crazy direction with the music.

It's BEAUTIFUL

After about my 3rd listen I began to realize that I am listening to a Wu-Tang album. They are one of the most innovative groups in Hip-Hop history. So why am i treating this like all the other disposable music we are exposed to?

I sat back and studied the album like a physics book and came to a solid conclusion that the album is fierce.

It's filled with great music, great lyrics, and a lot of jewels. I would do a track by track analysis but its too early for all that...Plus i have more studying to do...

yessir!

No comments: